Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Take a Walk with Me

Each morning, when I go to work, I know one of the greatest joys I will have is the opportunity to interact with our students and work together with our staff to continually improve the learning environment for our students. Sometimes there are administrative tasks related to budgets, state reporting, meetings and such that prevent me from spending as much time as I would like in classrooms. I learn a lot and gain insight when I take time to be in classes. I begin to understand more about student and staff needs, what is working well and perhaps areas the District needs to dedicate more resources. It is time well spent.

It also provides me with great motivation when I can see the tangible impact of the work that we collectively do as a District.  We have made a substantial investment in new technology.  It was an expensive purchase, but worth the cost when I could see students and staff using them in every classroom, the hallways, and the media center today to construct their learning.  There were several new teachers hired this summer, which required us to consider how best onboard new staff with the tools they need and provide training in areas that are more specific to the District.  It was rewarding to see some of our new staff demonstrating effective strategies in their classroom with their students alongside our returning staff.  I am glad they are here and an essential part of making Shenandoah the place to be.

Please consider taking a digital walk with me using this video to see why I had such a great day.




Positive Highlights this Spring

The District has made some changes to its administrative duties in anticipation of the next school year. Mr. Burdorf, the current principal ...