I am very pleased to share that Shenandoah CSD received authorization from the Iowa Department of Education to become an online education provider. Starting this next school year Ignite Online & Personalized Learning K-12 School will open as part of Shenandoah CSD.
Ignite is a great opportunity appropriate for families who currently homeschool or participate in remote learning and want to continue to do so. There are many options for the District to support your child that may be on-campus, off-campus, in small groups or online learning while they learn from home.
As a virtual learning option, Ignite will maximize student learning potential using a personalized education plan that includes access to core instruction through traditional or online learning, career technical education programs, or other specialized teaching and learning. Students will be engaged in a continuum of service, which could include one or more of the following: online learning, blended learning, project-based learning, and work-based learning and/or apprenticeships.
• Flexible class schedules to suit your child's needs and goals
• Full access to school sports, fine arts, clubs, and other events and activities
• All courses are taught by licensed teachers utilizing Edgenuity and the Iowa Academic Standards.
• Inclusive programming for students with special needs, English language learners, and talented & gifted students
• Open to ALL K-12 students in the Shenandoah District, open enrolled students, and dual-enrolled students
• Access to dual credit classes through Iowa Western Community College for high school students.
If you are interested or would like to receive more information about Ignite, please complete this form. Completing this form does not bind you to a decision related to how your child attends school this fall. We want to partner with you to find the best possible learning opportunities for your child.