Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Agriculture and More

I attended Rotary yesterday. I must say I was truly inspired as I listened to Sarah F. Martin, the High School agriculture teacher, talk about the program, how it has evolved and her students. She is a strong advocate for students, a passionate educator and has a clear vision for the future of education.  There was a nice group present but I really wish I would have captured her presentation.  I wasn't able to do that today, but I was able to locate a recent recording of a recent interview she had with Dean Adkins on KMA.  Dean was generous enough to allow me to post these.



If you take the time to listen to these clips, I imagine you might be excited about what is happening in the agriculture program. The District is working diligently to expand opportunities in these areas and also help students transition into postsecondary learning and work opportunities. The Career EdVantage program is an excellent example of how we are collaborating with SW Iowa Schools, Iowa Western, and Future Ready to provide these types of opportunities for students.  This is supported by a $2.8 M grant from the Charles E. Lakin Foundation.



Some have asked what some of the programs in the STEM and CTE education areas might look like if the bond issue passes and the district is able to repurpose space and build new additions. I want to share these renderings that were provided by DLR Group, the District's architectural firm.















Positive Highlights this Spring

The District has made some changes to its administrative duties in anticipation of the next school year. Mr. Burdorf, the current principal ...