Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A Bit of Thanksgiving

This the day before Thanksgiving, and yes, I must say I am quite grateful for many blessings in life. I am thankful for my family and friends. I am looking forward to spending time with my family tomorrow. It will be a wonderful time even though there will be a lot of dishes to clean up at the end of the day. A rather good problem, right? I am also grateful for the Shenandoah CSD students and their families, and all of the staff I am fortunate to work with each day. They make Shenandoah CSD a great place to be.

Last week Tammie Stettler and Anita Baker both received special recognition by SEA and SSA+. Tammy Stettler was named SEA Teacher of the Year and Anita Baker named Support Staff Member of the year at the Shenandoah Iowa Education Foundation's American Education Week Celebration. I was so pleased to see who was selected this year. They are both very valuable members of the Shenandoah CSD family. Skateland was also recognized as a Friend of Education. I am thankful for all Tammy, Anita, and Skateland do to support Education.

I had a fantastic opportunity to listen to two excellent speakers last week at the IASB convention in Des Moines. Hamish Brewer, a middle school principal, shared his love and concern for the students in his school, his commitment to academic excellence, and his journey of resilience. He is a bit unconventional, but he is making a difference each day! I am very thankful for educators like Hamish Brewer

We have some new staff members who have recently joined our team. I am very appreciative and thankful they chose Shenandoah CSD as the place to be a part of each day! They, along with the rest of the staff, are making a difference for our students!















Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Emerging Leaders

Tyson Ratliff Focusing on school culture and climate and building relationships is critical. Staff members who feel supported are more incli...