Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Reasons to Celebrate!

A few weeks ago, I received a text message from a community member and a staff member within a very short amount of time; both were letting me know some exceptionally grand news. They noted that Shenandoah High School was named by U.S. News and World Reports as one of the best high schools in Iowa. It was rewarding to see this report. I am incredibly proud of the work our staff and students are doing to continually improve and maximize their potential. Their effort is well noted and is to be commended.

The last two Saturdays, I had the opportunity to spend time in Essex at the Labor Day parade and Hamburg at Popcorn Days, watching the Middle School and High School bands perform. Each week, they have performed well and improved. It lifted my spirits and brightened my day when I heard the announcement that the Middle School and High School bands received first-place trophies for their performance in Hamburg! I want to share a picture of the drum majors that was sent to me. Their smiles communicate their pride and excitement about their recent achievements. 



This has been an energizing week celebrating homecoming! We have had a good turnout for the scheduled events, and it has been rewarding to see our students, families, and alumni join in the fun. The Color Run was held on Sunday evening. This has become a hallmark annual event loved by all who dare to join it. The week has been full of activities. Something is planned for nearly every age group, and there are opportunities for the community to join the celebration! I hope you will join us at the parade on Friday afternoon and the game on Friday evening.  

 



Positive Highlights this Spring

The District has made some changes to its administrative duties in anticipation of the next school year. Mr. Burdorf, the current principal ...