It has been a great summer, but I am more than ready for the school year to begin.
I enjoy the summer break for several reasons, but one of my
favorite things at this time of year is seeing the campus begin to fill with
staff who are intentionally working to design their classrooms to maximize
student learning and seeing them reconnect with their colleagues. It is even
more rewarding to see students start flooding the campus as activities and
athletic seasons begin. The energy, excitement, and sense of community that
return with the start is very motivational.
This summer, we spent time improving several aspects of our
communication with students, staff, and families by implementing a new
communication platform, ParentSquare. The app allows you to receive and view
messages from the school while giving you control over how and when you receive
them, either instantly or in a daily digest delivered at the end of the day.
The app will also update district-owned social media accounts on Facebook,
Instagram, and Twitter. Please keep in mind, we do not post official school
communications on other social media sites, so if you want accurate information
about school, you will want to use the ParentSquare app. Your invitation to
join ParentSquare has been sent to your email.
We also unveiled a new website this summer. While the web
address remains the same, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by its new
look and improved design. The site is much easier to navigate, making it
simpler to find the information need.
Next week, our staff will participate in professional
learning sessions while preparing for students to begin classes on August 24. I
am especially pleased to welcome Dr. Kindra Weston and four members of her team
on Monday morning as they share their expertise with our staff through a
presentation and panel discussion. This opportunity to learn from experienced
mental health professionals will provide valuable insights as we begin the new
school year together. I greatly appreciate their willingness to support,
encourage, and inspire our staff as we continue our commitment to meeting the
needs of every student.
Open House is scheduled for August 20 at 5:00 p.m. at each
of our schools. I would like to extend a personal invitation for you and your
family to attend this event and connect with the teachers and staff who will be
working with your children throughout the school year. We also have several new
team members joining our district, and I am excited for you to have the
opportunity to meet them. Attending the Open House is a positive way to build
relationships and become familiar with the people who will be working with your
children.
I am excited about the start of the school year and hope you
will take the opportunity to connect with our staff at Open House. I look
forward to seeing all that we can accomplish together in the months ahead. I am
confident it will be a successful year.